[meteorite-list] Weird Bounce Notices on the List

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:30:58 -0500

I am glad to see that I am not alone in using ancient hardware. For
me, I am just being a miser. I don't believe in scrapping something
that still works perfectly well for my needs. I don't do "gaming" and
I don't stream Netflix, so this old netbook gets by just fine with
emails and general web browsing. I'll upgrade it when it finally
dies. I am curious to see how long I can milk this netbook. I have a
column of dead pixels along the far right side of the screen and some
of the keys on the keyboard have stopped working. If any keys I
commonly use stop working, then my hand will be forced and I will buy
a new one.

I got my netbook in 2008 and I am running Windows XP (SP3)

Tommy, you have me beat by two years! And Linton had us all beat by a
mile with his 2001 Dell desktop. Funny thing is, I had that same
desktop (or close). I bought a Dell desktop back in 2001 and used it
up until I bought this netbook in 2008. The desktop ran Windows Me -
yuck!

Best regards,

MikeG

--