[meteorite-list] Notice to eBay Meteorite Sellers

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:50:21 -0500

Hi Folks,

I have noticed a new trend with meteorite dealers on eBay. Two
different dealers have done this that I know of, and there may be
others.

What I am referring to is bidder requirements. I tried to place a bid
on two different specimens from two different dealers and both times
eBay stopped me and said I could not bid because my PayPal account is
not "linked" to eBay.

I think eBay is a hell for sellers and I loathe the eBay boardroom. I
do not want those greedy bastards having any more access to my
financial information that is necessary. So I refuse to link my
PayPal account to eBay. I know this is somewhat silly since both
companies are intimately linked, but I do not want eBay having it's
hooks any deeper into my pocketbook than necessary.

I am sure there are other eBay members who feel the same. If you are
a seller who has set this requirment, you are losing sales. You just
lost one right now. I could have bid your items up, but I was not
allowed to place a bid. It's not my loss, I will always find the
specimen I want eventually, either off eBay entirely, or from another
seller without those requirements.

My money is just as green as anyone else's and it spends just the
same. If you have this requirement set on your eBay auctions, then
you are losing money.

Just a heads-up. Do with it what you want. ;)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com