[meteorite-list] etching canyon diablo

From: Francesco Moser <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 10:13:03 +0100

Hello!
Could someone give me some tips about etching a slice of Canyon Diablo, in the past years it rusted so I want to bring it back to its old beauty.
I have use sand paper till mirror polish and use Nital 10% with a paint brush. I achieve a good contrast from the matrix and the inclusions but the Widmanst?tten pattern is not so sharp neither visible. I have put it for about one day in NaOH solution for neutralizing the acid, but the inclusion turn to a gold-yellowish color :(

Please help me :)

Thanks a lot!

Francesco