[meteorite-list] AD: Ensisheim and Thin-Sections

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:17:06 -0700

I am sure it would be fun to attend the show in the castle if one could find
the time.

The New Team LunarRock just returned from a grueling 1,700 plus mile field
trip. We camped out in long-forgotten ghost and mining towns and at one
point sheltered in an 1860s field house, not to mention a creepy and
abandoned old hotel full of spiders and other creatures. We endured some
brutal off-road driving by following parts of the old California Immigration
Trail, the only way to get into some pristine meteorite and gold hunting
territories . It was difficult navigating the grooves left by wagon trains.
One wheel in the groove and the other above it since the Rubicon SPL OPS 1
wheel width is vastly different than horse driven wagon trains. Shear
cliffs, thunder storms, lightning, a funnel cloud dumping hail, mud bogs,
rock climbs, heat and altitude all contributed to making the trip exciting.

We completed phase one of the trip, are now resting up and will continue
when other team members show up. Mark "Action" Jackson is due in later this
week and the Rubicon SPL OPS 2 vehicle crew will be here next week. We
will be testing hot weather equipment and will pick up any meteorites we run
into unless they exceed 10 pounds if found on federal land.

Happy Hunting,

Adam