[meteorite-list] Does any one have an UGLY Large Sikhote-Alin Meteorite that They need processed

From: bobadebt at ec.rr.com <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 23:58:40 -0500

I would like to add Sikhote Alin to my collection of 50mm spheres.

BUT it has been difficult to find a suitable specimen

If you have a large piece of this meteorite or any other from the "Coarsest"
classification, and if you would like to have it cut into slices / end cuts
please send an email to bobadebt at ec.rr.com

My cutting process uses a .030? thick circular blade instead if the more
conventional band saw.

This not only saves material but it also produces a very flat surface that
is easy to polish and etch.

I can send you images of cut slices right off the saw in which you can see
the reflection of a penny.

To create a 50mm sphere I will need a 52mm x 52mm x 65mm block hich normally
weighs about 1500 grams if cut from an iron meteorite

If you have the material this could be a good opportunity for both of us.