[meteorite-list] Some More BLM Closed Trails

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:13:10 -0800

There is nothing more frustrating than having public land closed at an
alarming rate. So much for meteorite hunting on publicly owned land for the
next generation. The BLM holds meetings to "listen" to public input and
then it ignores what they hear and blocks more land anyway. I am seeing
more and more roads and trails closed by the BLM. I counted over 22
excellent trails that have been blocked off with log barriers by the BLM
after public input stated that they wanted the land left open. It is like
you are not allowed to leave main dirt roads anymore in some areas. Now,
they are talking about blocking off over 2 million acres in Nye County.
What next?

Link to image with the now, all too familiar, BLM blocked trail:

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/Jeep/BLMClosedTrail.jpg

I guess they want to heard the public like cattle by having them stick to
main roads. It is doubtful somebody is going to hike 45 miles to find
meteorites on public land now that they cannot get to good hunting areas
without the help of a motorized vehicle.

Happy Hunting while you still can,

Adam