[meteorite-list] Crowdfunding meteorite searching in the Nullarbor Plain

From: Robin Whittle <rw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 21:21:22 +1100

Here is an article about Australian researchers who no longer can get
government funding, and so are turning to crowdfunding to support their
expeditions. They claim to have found more than 20% of Australia's
recorded meteorites.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-03/meteorite-hunting-scientists-inundated-with-public-support/6269762

My wife Tina and I visited the coastal part of the Nullarbor Plain in
the winter of 2010. It is a limestone surface which was a sea bed
roughly 12 million years old, according to the "middle Miocene"
description at:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullarbor_Plain

At the southern edge, the plain is eroded by the ocean and there is
about a 174km stretch of completely unbroken cliffs. Our photos are here:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/show-and-tell/nullarbor/

 - Robin