[meteorite-list] Oddball 'Crystal' Survived Crash to Earth Inside Meteorite

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:47:43 -0400

The news article is misinterpreting statements and adding their own
opinion. At no point in the original press release or the original
Nature article (http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150313/srep09111/full/srep09111.html)
did they suggest that there were questions about it surviving a fall
to Earth.

Also, there is no mention of shocked quartz, only stishovite. I don't
know if stishovite should be interpreted as shocked quartz...

- Yinan