[meteorite-list] Perhaps these markets may work

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 19:04:40 -1000

I hosted a booth at HawaiiCon (http://www.hawaiicon.com) last year. I sold a few pallasites, moldavites and lunar pendant vials, but the retail interest by attendees were for comic books, science fiction toys like tricorders, ray guns and steampunk contraptions.

It was fun to meet Chekov from Star Trek (http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Chekov.jpg), but getting put in a headlock by Dr Death wasn?t so (http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Death-Gary.jpg).

I suppose if I were to do it again, I would develop a merchandise line that would appeal more to the ?con? crowd, as meteorites were a curiosity but not so much for them to buy anything. I did make my conference fee, hotel accommodations, meals and a bit extra so the experience and time spent with my son Kaipo in a 5 star resort in Kona on the Big Island was well worth it.

gary