[meteorite-list] High-end meteorite Presentations

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 09:13:01 -0700

Great photos Greg, I know that conference table well:) Yes it takes ambition and drive to succeed in order to rise up in times of adversity, ambition that is lacking in most people. Some people just want the buyers to call them while they sit on their sofa, and today that just isn't going to happen. The sales won't come to you, you must jump on planes or in your car and travel far and wide to get the customers who make things happen. eBay sales have fallen as the meteorite and fake meteorite count has risen to a massive clutter where finding the good stuff amid the crap is now impossible. I can't even recall the last time I looked on eBay for something. The high-end of the market has been on fire for years at the same time the low end collapsed and with the never-ending flood of Moroccan material overwhelming the collector, the only way to make a living has been to abandon the low end market and just cater to the more serious buyers. I have tons of material in storage which is safe and sound awaiting the no
rmal market to pick back up. For now I'll just keep plugging away at the top end and leave the eBay crumb and scrap market to others.
That's not to say I don't work with small material, I just do it on more of a request basis not a daily priority, if you want something, contact me, we can find it or provide it most likely, but I'm not going to spend 10 hours a day working on eBay like I did for more than a decade. It's just not worth the trouble and scammer problems.
 Those who refuse to move with the times are doomed to fall to the side. eBay had its time, now that time has passed.

Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPad