[meteorite-list] The Unlikely Struggle Of The Family Whose NeighborIs Area 51

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 10:09:17 -0800

Some may ask what does this have to do with meteorites? You need to have
legal access to lands here in the United States in order to search for
meteorites. I am seeing public and private land put off limits at an
alarming rate. Take Red Dry Lake in Arizona for instance. Prime hunting
grounds have been plowed over on the south end of the lake bed. A developer
and the BLM are now in a fight over access since it is checkerboard,
quilt-work alternated in one mile sections between government and private
ownership. This prime hunting area has now been destroyed.

Link to Red Dry Lake article:
http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&subsectionID=797&articleID=61556

This article is of great interest to me since one of my properties is a 160
acre ranch in Washoe County, NV which is completely surrounded by over
22,000 acres of meteorite searchable BLM "public" land. A greedy
corporation has built a dam and a ~1,800 foot canal on my property without
an easement,a permit or my permission. They completely diverted Cherry
Creek, a tributary and a spring, sucking off 3,560 acre-feet of water a
year from my property which sits 200 feet above Lower Wall Reservoir where
it is being held so that they can charge ranchers downstream. Nevada is
the most arid state in the nation and water is highly valued so their is no
end to the greed, both governmental and private. I am now the owner of a
dam and a canal which I do not want. My wishes are to have the land
restored to its previous pristine condition but the government sees these
structures as improvements so I cannot destroy them without getting a
judgment in court first. There are far too many regulations placed upon
land owners and it is getting worse! In the good old days just a few years
ago, dynamite, a case of beer and a D9 bulldozer would have taken care of
the problem without government intervention.

This 400 acres in Area 51 has a land patent issued by President Ulysses S.
Grant making it very valuable. The land owner has supreme ownership rights
over everyone including the U.S. Government. The title is so strong that a
lien cannot be placed against the land and it cannot be condemned. The
state of California has tried for over a century to condemn or exercise
immanent domain on patented lands and has lost every case in Supreme Court.
The patented land owners were determined to have supreme ownership over any
entity therefore the U.S. government would have to make a treaty with the
landowner in order to have access. This may explain why the landowners in
this case have been able to hang onto their land for so long. As far as I
know, this would be the first case in history that patented land has been
taken away from a U.S. citizen by any government.

Our forefathers intended for U.S.citizens to have absolute ownership in
their land thus be willing to protect it with their lives if need be. It
makes for a stronger nation. I see this as a clear violation of patented
land owners rights if a government can come in a condemn it. What is this
country coming to? This is truly a bad sign!

Meteorite hunting is in jeopardy. Without accessible land, future
generations will only be able to hear tales from the old-timers about the
time when Americans were able to freely roam about on public land.

Adam