[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fall Over Eastern Turkish Village: Poor Villagers Make Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars After Black Stones From Space Rain Down

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:48:33 -0800

It is a myth that witnessed falls appreciate at a greater price than finds.
Finds reached rock bottom prices several years ago. I know because it
pained me to see NWA Howardites sometimes selling for just over a
$1.00/gram. Now these same Howardites are fetching about $5.00/gram.

Speculation comes into play on new falls since there is no price track
record to follow. Investment comes into play on older falls and most other
collectables which have declined sharply according to my research. If we
ever see a healthy economy again, perhaps falls too will recover.

You can collect because you enjoy collecting and not worry about price.

You can speculate and hope the price will increase without any track record
to follow which is risky if you ask me.

You can invest based on experience and current knowledge of economic
conditions.

For me, I prefer investing, not speculating.

Adam