[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fall Over Eastern Turkish Village: Bingol is not overpriced, here is why.

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 09:42:16 -0700

It's a nice crusted stone, pretty to look at. There are lots of nice crusted pretty stones available from other falls and finds. There are 159 non-Antarctic Howardites so how special will #160 be?

As a collector I don't give a hoot about Syrian machine guns, skittish Kurd guides, or the expense of airline tickets. All that is the on-the-spot buyer's problem, as is making money from the venture. I'm looking for nice material that will hold its value or even has some money left in it.

Chelyabinsk started well over $100 per gram and nice specimens are now available for 10 bucks or less. Similar price erosion occurred with Ash Creek, Buzzard Coulee, and Tissint. All witnessed falls and none very old.

It's expensive being in on the 'ground floor'!

Paul Swartz
IMCA 5204