[meteorite-list] [IMCA List] Creston new fall prices

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:33:04 -0800

I appreciate the invite but the original Mobile Meteorite Command Center
lasted one season before being retired six years ago. It seemed like a good
idea at the time but real life field conditions proved otherwise. The 120
degree temperatures out here in the desert were causing panels to expand and
contort. Fiberglass expands at a different rate than plastic and wood so
components would pull loose or pop off. Team Lunarrock eventually upgraded
to an all metal Airstream with stainless steel interior. We could not keep
the inside temperature below 90 degrees even with beefed up air-conditioning
units making it like sleeping in an oven. Dirt roads and trails are no
place to be pulling trailers. I cannot tell you how many shocks and springs
we broke trying. The second command center now sits in a member's driveway
being used as storage.

Finally, we got smart and went with safari type rooftop tents and trailers
without axles designed to be pulled behind Jeeps.

I will stick to gold for now since it helps pay the bills. The last
meteorite hunting trip I went on a few weeks ago didn't produce anything
other than a military rocket nose fairing packed with electronics which we
left in situ. I was afraid to pick it up since I didn't know if contained
explosives or not but did manage to take some pictures of it. We also found
some aircraft flare clips. It was still worth the six hour drive to get out
of the house for a weekend and visit with some friends.

Happy Hunting,

Adam