[meteorite-list] Creston new fall prices

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 22:16:21 -0700

Aloha folks,
All this talk about new falls, L6's, etcetera, got me curious...

There's 158 falls listed in the Met Bull for the USA. So California has it's
"fair share", though for it's size and population, one might expect more.
Did anyone mention that Novato was an L6?
Texas is a big state - except to Alaskans - and has 12 falls to it's name. 4
of those were L6's, including... Ash Creek.
Arizona has 3 falls, as many of you know, and Holbrook is an L/LL6.
Colorado has 6 falls , with an L6, Denver, and an LL6, Elbert.
Nevada only has 1 fall, and it was an L6, Battle Mountain.
And only one fall here in Utah, but it was a diogenite, Garland, back in
1950. Woo-hoo!

I didn't want to tally all 50 states, but I scanned through the 158 USA
falls and it seemed like a fairly even distribution. Perhaps the northern
states were lacking somewhat. Alaska has none. I imagine there's been a few,
but no one saw them. Which leaves us with the age-old question: If a meteor
falls in the forest, but nobody sees it...
Linton