[meteorite-list] Drift of Draconids

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 18:15:08 +0000 (UTC)

HI all -

It seems clear that there was something celestial that led to the construction at Serpent Mound
around 360 BCE.

Since it could not have been today's Draconids, since they did not exist then, as Marco politely pointed out,
(and sorry for my stupidity there), could it have been either:

1) that Giacobinni Zinner had just entered our solar system, and was very bright, as it had not outgassed, and was visible periodically in
Draco?, or

2) that another chunk of 21P had been sent earthward? or

3) there was a nearby supernova visible in Draco?

Has anyone read any unaccounted records of celestial phenomena in Draco from this period?
Anything from China or the ancient near east?

As the solstices could have been marked in other ways, why did they use was Draco?

Thanks for your patience and tolerance,
Ed