[meteorite-list] First thing Andy Weir did with his advance...

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 07:50:50 -0400

Hi Tracy,

As it turns out I know of two people who were contacted by a close friend of
Andy Weir's, and a customer of mine (name of client withheld for obvious
reasons). While I was up hunting a bolide sighting on the Florida/Georgia
line using radar return readings from Marc & Rob I was contacted by my
friend stating Andy was interested in a Martian meteorite. I told him I
would be back home in a week and would be happy to offer him a big piece at
a great price once back. During that time he also contacted Mike Farmer who
also had a nice large piece of Mars and he was able to fill Andy's request
quicker than me.

So, congratulations to Mike Farmer for providing Andy with a nice Martian
meteorite!

Best Regards,
Greg

====================
Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
gmhupe at centurylink.net
www.NaturesVault.net (Online Catalog & Reference Site)
www.LunarRock.com (Online Planetary Meteorite Site)
NaturesVault (Facebook, Pinterest & eBay)
http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault
http://pinterest.com/NaturesVault
IMCA 3163