[meteorite-list] RIP: Robert Farquhar (1932-2015)

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

http://spaceref.com/isee-3/robert-farquhar-1932-2015.html

Robert Farquhar 1932-2015
By Keith Cowing
Spaceref.com
October 18, 2015

My friend Robert Farquhar left this life today. He orbited the sun 83
times. He was big on orbits and designed some of the most esoteric and
complex spacecraft trajectories ever attempted which were executed with
stunning precision.

Between ISEE-3's crazy trips around the inner solar system to the recent
flyby of Pluto, Bob had a hand in many missions. I went to visit Bob a
week or so ago at home. He was weak but still smiled when I told him we
had a date to go outside and wave at ISEE-3 when it flies by Earth again
in 2029. More to follow in the days ahead. This graphic went out on the
_at_ISEE3Reboot Twitter account today "I lost my human brother Bob Farquhar
today. Although I don't have a computer I will always remember him."