[meteorite-list] Ad - Must See!

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 07:51:04 -0700

The fact is that it was found in a gold bearing area at a depth of over 12".
I talked and discussed the images with Dr. Ted Bunch since he lives in the
area and is familiar with local gold finds. It test 18 to 22K which is
inline with gold found in the region. If you look at the images carefully,
you will see secondary mineral build up on the crystallized side of the
nugget. I suggested to Dr. Bunch that it might be a miner's button since it
is so odd. A miner's button is where they take smaller pieces of gold and
melt them into a larger piece which is easier to handle and weigh out. He
stated that any way you look at it, it is a gold nugget. It was found near
a creek and not in it, so the rounding and smoothing you see on other placer
nuggets would not have taken place thus the rough appearance. Dr. Bunch
stated to me that he believes it is natural since he has seen all shapes and
sizes of gold from the area.

Here are some other images of other gold nuggets found a the same depth and
not in a stream or creek. All of them are real.

Rye Patch Gold:
http://themeteoritesite.com/RyePatch/GoldSmall.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/RyePatch/GoldMedium.jpg
http://themeteoritesite.com/RyePatch/GoldLarge.jpg

I will take Dr. Bunches opinion over that of Mike Farmers any day,

Adam