[meteorite-list] Local to Las Vegas expert needed to rewiew a find.

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:43:36 -0700

I agree with Michael.
I frequently get similar requests from people needing their "chondrite" authenticated and "placed into the system".
Not much of a problem getting their stone identified, but the owners are becoming more and more dismayed by
the increasing difficulty finding someone to classify a chondrite, not to mention the expense.
The second part of that request is getting harder and harder to guarantee to a prospective client.

Hey Elton, if you get lucky and find a benefactor that can get " a stone into the system" on the cheap,
then please share that with me. I've got a long line of orphaned OCs that need to be classified, and
to go into the MetBull Database.
Bob V.

 An in person inspection is easy to promise, but
 unless one is an accredited lab doing the classification then
 there can be no guarantees made to that regard.

 I'm a few hours from Vegas and get that way often.? Feel free to email
 me some picts and if I can I'll take a look some day, but I know there
 are several Vegas residents who would also know what they're looking at.

 Michael in
 so. Cal.

 On Mon, Sep 14,
 2015 at 2:47 PM, MEM via Meteorite-list
 wrote:
> I am in contact with a Las Vegas resident who has, by all appearances fair-sized, fresh
 chondrite.? If you are willing and able to inspect in person and get her stone into the system,
 please send? me your contact information for forwarding.? Pics on request.