[meteorite-list] Local to Las Vegas expert needed to rewiew a find.

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:07:44 +0200

I'd love to see a photo also, but I live in Philadelphia so I won't be seeing this in person. :-)
?
That aside,
I'm assuming from your post that this is a "chondrite" native to the USA, and not just another NWA.
?
I have about 25 NWA's undergoing classification now, and I have more I'd like to get classified but it is indeed hard to find a lab that will work on NWAs that look like obvious OCs. ?I think that is a mistake on their part, because there are so many unique things to be found in meteorites. ?
In my opinion, many labs would think differently about a "native" US chondrite, than an NWA chondrite. ?I do not think you will have trouble finding a home for it if it is a USA find. ?
?
Cheers,
John
?