[meteorite-list] Group of Moroccans Found the Association for Meteorite Professionals in Erfoud, Morocco

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 18:59:24 +0200

I truly hope this component of the group's goals is thoroughly addressed.

"Create a legal code for the meteorite trade in order to combat criminal activity."

>From the perspective of a US collector, the feeling of uncertainty associated with buying specimens from a merchant in a developing country, with little or no way to verify that person's reliability, cannot be over emphasized. It has kept active collectors like me from buying more specimens directly from merchants there.

A sincere effort to rectify this, even with something as simple as a code of ethical behavior, and a guarantee of a refund if some misrepresentation occurs (much like what the IMCA does) can only help promote further trustworthiness and stability.

Cheers,
John A. Shea
IMCA 3295

Sent using the mail.com mail app