[meteorite-list] Moon Express & NWA 5000 - Accidental? NO! Dr. Harrison (Jack) Schmitt

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 23:10:26 +0200

I used to own a peace of NWA 5000, and I had always intended to replace that piece. However, there has been SO MUCH talk of fraud, lawsuits, etc. as well as hateful, spiteful and crude communication about this meteorite lately, that I have started to feel like purchasing another piece of it would be tantamount to buying stolen property.

Honestly, I'm only half kidding about that... My perception of this meteorite, and the celebrated individuals who were a part of making it available to collectors and institutions, has been permanently marred by this seemingly endless exchange of sordid details and vulgarities.

Sincerely,
John A. Shea MD
IMCA 3295

Sent using the mail.com mail app