[meteorite-list] Stargazer gets a closer look at the Perseid meteor shower than he bargains for when glowing METEORITE lands in his back garden

From: Graham Ensor <graham.ensor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 00:03:24 +0100

Yes and it's been featured all over the radio too...just such bad coverage
and with an interview with a so called expert...hethar Coper.... she was
talking drivel and was completely out of her depth on meteorites saying it
definitely was one and that they don't loose speed in our atmosphere
landing hot...I just despair when a so called expert astronomer comes on
like this and feeds complete misinformation to the public and the media
take it all in because it's a "good" story....I was driving and shouting at
the radio in frustration and especially when the interviewed that lady who
said she was finding dozens of meteorites in her garden and that they were
common....and yet she has not bothered getting any tested....then dismissed
in one sentence BIMS members who rang in...I think it was Mark Ford who was
quoted as saying he had told the guy it was not a meteorite weeks ago after
he contacted BIMS....and then when they a re fed serious stories about
meteorites they gat ignored...so annoying.

Graham