[meteorite-list] Hunting Arizona's Newest Strewn Field

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 23:02:35 -0500

Hi Ruben and List,

Make sure you strip out all location data from the photos before
uploading them. Most mobile phone cameras attach GPS coordinates to
the photo file. You can strip them out easily, but many people forget
or don't realize the data is there.

I uploaded a photo of one of my fossil spots to a forum and forgot to
strip out the location data. Another member messaged me in private and
told me he saw the exact coordinates of our location in the photo
data. I quickly deleted the photo, stripped the data from the file,
and re-uploaded it.

Best regards and happy hunting,

MikeG

www.galactic-stone.com