[meteorite-list] Lunar Crater Drone Crash Video - Team LunarRock

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 20:28:27 -0500

Hi Adam and List,

Technology is a necessary evil. From what I have read, crashes seem to
be a regular issue with drones, regardless of how experienced the
operator is. I guess somebody needs to build a robust drone that
doesn't rely on plastic and Chinese parts. Of course, weight is an
issue, so I guess that is why they use so much plastic. Maybe carbon
fiber composites could be used - expensive, but tough and lightweight.

So what is this "Lunar Crater"? Is it a volcanic feature? It
certainly looks like a meteorite impact crater, but looks can be
deceiving. I am assuming it is not meteoritic, since there has never
been any mention of meteorites or impactites found there.

I think I would have squelched the verbose computer as well. Having a
digital voice barking orders while one is trying to concentrate would
be annoying at best, if not downright dangerous.

Best regards and Happy Huntings,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks : www.galactic-stone.com