[meteorite-list] looking for help hunting meteorites

From: Wallacefj <wallacefj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 13:40:12 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I am turning 60 this year and wanted to try to 'find' a meteorite. I have a degree in geology and have been an avid meteorite collector since the early 80's and have used them in my teaching and public educational programs. I bought a White's metal detector and have used it a bit but have not found a definitive meteorite. If someone is planning a trip to collect meteorites and wouldn't mind me coming along, I'd love to try to find my first specimen. I currently live in Maine but figure I'd have to fly to AZ or NM to have a good chance to find anything. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Jon Wallace