[meteorite-list] Mining Asteroids

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 9:37:19 -0500

List, Here is a link;
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-01/05/space-mining-a-reality-in-2016

Carl Esparza
--
Love & Life
---- Larry Atkins via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
  Think of it like this. If you put the Earth in a giant blender, mix it all up, then take a shovel full, the ratio of precious metals would be higher than if you didn't blend it. In essence it would be like sampling a chondritic asteroid. Go to an asteroid or bring one back, every scoop is high in rare earth elements because it is not differentiated and is equal to the solar ratio.
That's the way I understand it. If I'm off someone correct me please.
Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
?
IMCA # 1941