[meteorite-list] Case study: Lake Eyre meteorite vs. U.S.

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:06:15 -0800

Exact wording from BLM website:

Those interested should contact the appropriate BLM office to learn details
for their area of interest.

Can meteorites casually collected from public lands be bartered or sold?

Casual collection of meteorites from public lands is only for an
individual's personal use. Sale or barter is considered commercial use. A
permit must be issued for commercial activities and fees will be collected,
including a purchase price based on a unit price or the percentage of fair
market value, and a reclamation fee, if required.