[meteorite-list] China Now Hosts The World's Largest Gem and Mineral Show

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 11:08:04 -0800

Doesn't surprise me at all. Counterfeit medications placed on the American
market and baby food filled with sawdust are a few examples that come to
mine. I had a Chinese made hydrologic floor jack disintegrate while I was
under a car and spray what smelt like rancid fish-oil all over my coveralls.
I think they recycled expired fish oil by finding another use for it.
Luckily, the safety stands held up. I had a friend throw a beer bottle into
a brand-new Chinese made cooler and it punched a hole through the inner
layer exposing shredded Chinese newspapers used for insulation. This all
sounds funny but my mother-in-law almost died due to counterfeit medications
placed on the American market.

Needless to say, I only purchase heavy duty products manufactured by firms
in reputable countries. It is amazing what greed can do to product quality
and authenticity.

I will keep on eye for casting marks on iron meteorites. Never buy
electronics that say, "Genuine Chrome Plated Plastic Knobs" or furniture
made from "Genuine Pleather."

Adam