[meteorite-list] China Now Hosts The World's Largest Gemand Mineral Show

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:14:28 -0800

Yes, numbers can be deceiving. I talked to a promoter from China the last
time I attended the Tucson show a few years ago. He claimed that over a
billion dollars will change hands at the Chinese show since it will
represent the largest market ever. For a mere $50,000.00 dollars, he could
guarantee a table and a translator at the event. I said, "No thanks, I will
not spiff anybody $50,000.00 for an unproven event."

I am sure there are a lot of unhappy people that spent billions on authentic
glass, genuine Diamonique, artificially created flawless emeralds,
heat-treated imitation sapphires or rubies and real iron ore meteorites.
All of which, will produce "Gasps of Envy"

On the other hand, I have seen some of this same crap offered at the Tucson
show including fake Pallasite slices.

Adam