[meteorite-list] age of meteorites

From: James Beauchamp <falcon99_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:06:24 +0000 (UTC)

Correction, that would be YOUNGER.? Sorry.? Early morning.

    On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:24 AM, James Beauchamp via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

 I think this is a pretty fun exercise for people to understand basic points of relativity in general (pardon the pun), and how Lorenz transformations work.
The objects floating around exist in a different 4 dimensional reference frame than we do. ?Similar to Captain Scott Kelly's recent year in space and his description of age. ?Note that his year in space at 28,000 km/sec resulted in about 8 milliseconds of time dilation. ?apply that over 4 billion years.
(8 mS / year) X 4 billion years = 32,000,000 seconds = 8888 hours = 370 days... ?

If Captain Kelly had remained in orbit for 4 billion years, he would be about 1 year older than his sibling.