[meteorite-list] Another warning re sales to Italy

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 23:31:30 -0700

Hi Doug,
        Thanks for the kind words. However, I have saved all
The emails and believe me, there was absolutely no confusion
Re shipping - -clarified clearly (twice) that if Fed EX were
less than $50 I would refund him the difference and if it
were more than $50 he would have to agree to paypal me
the difference.
        He stated I should not have put the "real value" on the shipment -
AFTER I had sent it - When Fed Ex turned out to be more, then
He complained he would have to pay the import fee and wouldn't
Pay any more for the shipping.
        Kind and gentle is always best and I tried that for several
Posts to no avail whatever.
        No, this is a clear cut case of being ripped off. I suspect it is
Our old "friend" as his approach is nearly identical and his English
Is similarly distorted. But whether it is or not the results are identical.
        I, too, like to think people are basically honest and live up to
Their commitments and I do deal with people that way and the vast
Majority of people in the meteorite community are that way.
        Also, I do not believe for a second this is "typical of Italians" -
only two - and possibly only one - have/has acted this way. Every
Country has both the saintly and the cur.
        Good to hear from you, Doug,
        Michael