[meteorite-list] AD - Magazine with first use of Meteor-wrong?

From: ALAN RUBIN <aerubin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 09:05:28 -0700

As far as I know, one of the first published uses of the term
"Meteor-wrong" was by Edward Olsen in the April 1979 issue of the Field
Museum of Natural History Bulletin. He wrote an article with that title
discussing some of his experiences as the meteorite curator at the Field
Museum in Chicago. Olsen was my M.S. thesis adviser at the time. Among
other features in that magazine issue is a reprint of a 1948 article on
butterflies by Vladimir Nabokov, who later went on to write Lolita. There
is also an article of mine on time and relativity. I have extra copies of
that issue and will part with them for $12.00 a piece. I'll pay the
postage. I'll also be happy to sign the front page of my article. If you
are interested, you can send a check made out to me at the address below
along with your name and address. Alternatively, you can send money via
PayPal using my e-mail address: aerubin at ucla.edu If you do that, please
include your name and address in the note along with the payment.
I'll sign my article and send the issue out to you.

--
Alan Rubin
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
e-mail: aerubin at ucla.edu
website: http://cosmochemists.igpp.ucla.edu/Rubin.html