[meteorite-list] Hot vs Cold again...wasmMeteorite Crashes Through Thailand House Roof

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 07:48:59 -0600

The fusion crust will likely be warmer than the interior when the
meteorite hits. Not because of residual heat from melting, but because
for the last few tens of seconds of the fall the meteorite was being
blasted with near-ambient temperature air. It was starting to warm up to
ambient- it simply didn't have enough time for that process to proceed
beyond the outer few millimeters.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory