[meteorite-list] Meteorites - Oriented vs. Orientated: What’s the Difference?

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 22:52:33 +0000 (UTC)

List, Sorry the message was not sent in plain text and the link to the - ADJ. form was dropped. Doug, I concur with you diatribe. Brit. English and American usage differ and both forms are correct. I prefer oriented as it as Bob says and I think Farmer would agree just sounds less awkward.

Missing Link-
http://grammarist.com/usage/orientate/

Dirk Ross...Tokyo The Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/