[meteorite-list] Invented words

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 20:22:02 -0400

Greetings,

I've had fun reading this discussion but a good one none the less. When
I joined this list (shortly after it's creation) we had a discussion on
fireballs and bolides. With all of the discussion, members couldn't
agree on those terms of use. I then realized if we couldn't come to
grips with what I thought a simple term, we were in trouble with the
really complicated ideas.

Of course everyone knows that a bolide is a fireball that breaks apart ;-)

Best!!

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites

(27 1/2 years selling meteorites!)