[meteorite-list] Is Clarendon (c) the largest or 2nd largest individual Chondrite found in the USA?

From: Ruben Garcia <rubengarcia85382_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 08:06:47 -0700

Hi all,

A couple of us have been trying to figure out where Clarendon (c)
ranks in size for US individual ordinary chondrite meteorites.

Here are the top 3 individual ordinary chondrite specimens as best as
I can find. If anyone knows of larger that I missed please let me
know.

BTW - If we count fragments that broke/or weathered off then Clarendon
(c) may be the largest individual US chondrite ever found.

1) Paragould 408 kg (Monica Grady lists the main mass as 371.9kg)

2) Clarendon (c) 345kg (fragments included 377kg)

3) Hugoton (Monica Grady lists main mass as 314kg in ASU collection)

Other US chondrites that came up but Grady's catalog of meteorites
show have a smaller main mass are.

Long Island 564kg, Etter 450kg, and Plainview 700 kg

Can anyone add to this? Is this correct?

--
Rock On!
Ruben Garcia