[meteorite-list] R: iron meteorite natural color

From: John Lutzon <jl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 15:10:11 -0500

I wish you luck with your desired results....

The true naturalist would follow the following steps:

1. Book cargo space on Space X.
2. Arrange to have said meteorite ejected in the Mesosphere.
3. Track and retrieve (field or electron microscope will be necessary).

Pros: Desired patina will be achieved.
Cons: The re-meteorite will be significantly less in weight than original.

Hope this helps.