[meteorite-list] R: acid for pallasite

From: Francesco Moser <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 21:30:30 +0200

NoNoNo I don?t want to destroy anything! :)

I have here a small slice of Seymachan, I don?t know why but it rusts.
The rust rise between the olivines and the iron matrix. So some olivines
fell down.
I want to put the olivines back in them ?slots? and put some little drops of
glue.
But also on the olivines there?s rust and some iron particles, so they are a
little bit bigger than the slots!
I want to put just the olivine inside the acid for remove the rust and
restore the original dimension.

Do you think the Iron chloride could also work (for electronic purposes)?
I have also here Phosphoric acid 12% and pure Citric acid, could I use some
of them?

Thanks to all for the answers!

Francesco