[meteorite-list] Stability of Sericho (Habaswein)

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 09:58:34 -0800

Not true

I have been selling Sericho since July. The first pieces were expertly prepared by one of the best in the industry and rusted. I switched cutters to one who uses chemical cleaning, galvanic cleaning, high polish and etch, and top quality sealant. Since then there has been one rusted endcut (of hundreds) and it had been wrapped in bubble wrap for two months while lost in the mail in uncertain conditions. I Have handled hundreds of pounds and I say the exact opposite. Buy quality prepared sealed specimens and you'll be fine.

Not sure what Adam's experience is with this Pallasite but mine is as extensive as possible in it's short cut life. Hundreds of pieces, 2 with rust. Mike Farmer has a lot of experience with this sliced as well.