[meteorite-list] Etching a name on an iron meteorite slice

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 22:01:16 -0500

Hi John, Peter and list

You could also try a sports trophy shop. They engrave on plaques for
the trophies. Some jewelers also have the machines. This is commonly
done with a diamond tipped scribe in a machine and a set of letters
where the scribe would copy the letters. Now there are laser engravers
that both jewelers and trophy shops use. A gunsmith would be more
likely to "hand engrave", a somewhat lost art but still taught and
practiced today. Hand engraving is beautiful and more costly. Machine
and laser engraving can also look good and it will be precise.

As long as the meteorite (slice) will fit in the machine, it can be done.

John