[meteorite-list] Belated happy New Year

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 12:19:02 -0800

A belated Happy New Year from Nevada.

It was a pretty eventful New Years trip for us as we always stay at the Rio
in Las Vegas. The Rio is off of the strip so we can normally view the
entire celebration and fireworks show without ever leaving our suite. This
year was different since there were two fires at the Hotel that filled the
elevator shafts with acrid smoke. People panicked since they could not
immediately get down off of the upper floors. The sprinkler systems shorted
out the backup generator power causing even more problems. Some people
automatically assumed some kind of terrorist attack since that is what they
have been seeing on TV every other month. The fire department forced an
evacuation so we were moved to another hotel right on the strip. It is
interesting that they left the gaming floor open during all of this.

We did not want to be part of the main crowd on the strip with hundreds of
thousands of people partying but ended up there anyway.

We were able to connect with family members and friends on the strip so it
turned out to be fun after all.

Happy New Year and Hoping 2017 will be a much better year for all.

Adam