[meteorite-list] Partial September Team LunarRock Trip Report Update

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:39:16 -0800

The answer to the mystery of the "Giant Crystal" in a vug is that it is what
is left of a tree trunk after being struck by lightning. When I looked at
it with binoculars from the canyon floor, it had the shape of a giant
terminated crystal. The sun shinning on it made it appear darker than what
the drone captured on video and in still shots.

It is funny that hunters of treasure often see things the way they want to
see them. There are a lot of people who think that everything they find is a
meteorite, mainly based on perceived value from the media. Once they have
convinced themselves they have a meteorite, many will not accept the truth
no matter how much evidence to the contrary is presented

The mystery of the "Curious Iron Rocks" miners and prospectors were finding
in Northern Nevada has been solved. The conclusion goes against all odds!
I will discus this later on another trip report.

I have a new cave mystery that showed up in an image on the second to last
day of the September Team LunarRock hunt. Locals have been talking about a
mysterious cave with a triangular opening in the Cherry Creek area. They
claim all who enter never come out the same. We thought it was just some
bar talk back in the funky town of Gerlach, Nevada which was full of the
Burning Man Festival goers when we passed through it. It was not until I
got home and started examining images of our Cherry Creek Ranch property,
that I realized this cave was captured in a few of my images. Now, on the
next hunt, we will have to hike to this cave and see what is in it. We also
found a 6" diameter ventilation pipe sticking out the ground that is not a
well. We are going to have to lower a camera down the hole to see what is
beneath. It seems when one mystery is solved, others appear.

A strange cave with triangular opening.:
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/CherryCreekProperty/ACrazyCave-b.jpg

What one person on the September Expedition envisioned may be inside when we
return to the area:
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/CherryCreekProperty/large-cave.jpg

We should know the truth this year if we do not go insane after entering the
cave based on local lore.

Link to Burning Man Festival:
http://burningman.org/

Best Regards,