[meteorite-list] Membrane Boxes (and others)

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 13:01:16 +0200

Michael and all,

There are a couple of places where you can get membrane boxes (you can even find them on Amazon if you know the product name) but these places tends to be the most complete resource online in my opinion.

https://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/preparation/sample_storage.aspx

http://membranebox.com

For shadow boxes I usually get them here, specifically if I need a good number of them because they sell at reduced prices for higher quantities.

http://www.chdisplay.com

These white glass front boxes are also a good alternative to the membrane box for small pieces. I also like that they have dark interiors on some, which make for a nice display contrast sometimes.

http://www.migacorp.com/micromount_displays.htm

I tend to gravitate towards the clear acrylic cases with the white padding. They are available from a few places online from reliable sellers.

Mirko sells them from Europe through ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/371878470141
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232108761207

You can get basically the same ones from Gary in the US:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/116729875004670/?view=group

Cheers!
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295