[meteorite-list] AD - Bristol Impact Layer Specimens

From: Luther Jackson <lutherjackson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 15:09:31 +0100

BRISTOL IMPACT LAYER MATERIAL - NOW AVAILABLE

Hi All,

In the run-up to Ensisheim, I am now releasing for sale some of the Bristol
Impact Layer (BIL) material that was collected last year.

Up until now, this incredibly rare and special material was unobtainable to
the collectors market - the last dealer fragments drying up several years
ago.

My re-discovery of the layer in 2016 at a new location in its quarry home
now means that more collectors of meteorites and impactites can add this
beautiful material to their cabinets. It is unlikely that more material
will be retrieved, due to the extremely dangerous location of the layer now.

If you haven't already, I suggest reading all about it in the May 2017
edition of Space Rocks magazine, which contains a 16 page article all about
the re-discovery.

This material is an impact layer deposit, containing matter ejected by the
impact that created the Manicouagan crater in Canada 214 million years ago.
It is the only known deposit linked to that event found outside of Canada.

Within the material, we find shocked quartz, shocked biotites and shattered
garnet. The most outstanding feature of this layer is the presence of tiny
(0.5-1.5mm) greenish clay spherules, which started out as molten glass
droplets. Contained in a matrix of mixed material showing how the deposit
was quickly laid down.

I have a range of beautiful slices, end cuts and natural fragment
available, please see the specimens listed along with their prices, on my
website page:

www.lutherjackson.co.uk/bristol_impact_layer_sales.html

All exhibit the green spherules.

Contact me to purchase or for any questions at all.

lutherjackson at gmail.com or via FB Messenger
?.?

I can bring any purchases to Ensi for those who are attending to save on
postage.

Cheers, Luther