[meteorite-list] Lots of Gold and Meteorites on Heritage Auctions

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 08:40:16 +0000 (UTC)

I meant to include the following information in my last message:?

The other Lunar meteorite from Western Sahara in this auction is NWA 10986 (Lunar, highlands feldspathic impact-melt breccia).
And?if you have any?questions about this Lunar, the answers?can be found here?in the Met Bull Database:

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=64445

Additional information is also on Randy Korotev's website (with images from Sarah Roberts) here:

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/nwa10986.htm

Sarah Roberts and her colleagues have found this Lunar meteorite so interesting that they have published two papers:
https://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2017/pdf/2220.pdf
and
https://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2017/pdf/6110.pdf

Having in a collection?a Lunar meteorite that has 2 papers published about it, is considered to be a premium by collectors.

Bob V.
Any questions?
https://tinyurl.com/Any-ques