[meteorite-list] Ad - Hurricane Update, Nice Gao Hand Specimen, Many New Micromount Localities

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:53:28 -0400

Hi Friends and Collectors,

Hurricane Irma has passed. We evacuated to the NW and hunkered down in
a boarded up house to ride out the storm. The projected track moved
westward and shortly before the storm it looked like we might take a
direct hit from the eyewall (so much for moving to a safer location!).
Thankfully, as the storm approached land, it weakened and then took a
northerly turn through the interior of the state. We did sustain some
minor wind damage, but emerged otherwise unscathed. Our power and
water was out for about 24 hours, but utilities have now been
restored.

The adjacent counties took more damage than we did, and as I write
this there are still over a quarter-million people without power in
the tri-county area around me. Nearby rivers are also above flood
stage, and some low-lying communities are still flooding.

The local post office reopened only yesterday and today was the first
full day of mail service. I will be mailing out the remaining packages
from last week's sale tomorrow or on monday.

I listed some new specimens today, including a nice large Gao hand
specimen and many new micromount localities that have not been offered
previously. I also restocked some localities that were low or out of
stock. Use coupon code "metlist" at checkout for 20% OFF.

NEW METEORITES :

Oriented Gao Guenie stone, 28.5g -
http://galactic-stone.com/gao-guenie-uncut-flight-marked-meteorite-28-5g/

Abu Moharek, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/abu-moharek-pre-nwa-egypt-find-micromount/

Big Rock Donga, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/big-rock-donga-australia-rabbit-hunter-meteorite-micromount/

Caldwell, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/caldwell-kansas-find-rare-l-imb-class-micromount/

Covert, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/covert-old-kansas-nininger-recovery-micromount/

Leedey, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/leedey-1943-oklahoma-fall-nininger-recovery-micromount/

New Concord, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/new-concord-killed-a-horse-in-1860-ohio-micromount/

Northbranch, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/northbranch-1972-kansas-find-micromount/

Portales Valley, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/portales-valley-1998-new-mexico-hammer-fall-micromount/

Richfield, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/richfield-1983-kansas-find-ll3-7-class-micromount/

Thuathe, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/thuathe-2002-lesotho-hammer-fall-micromount/

Winner, micromount -
http://galactic-stone.com/winner-2004-south-dakota-find-l3-9-class-micromount/

Micromount localities now restocked (just search for these in the
store) - Ghubara, Al Haggounia, Haxtun, Long Island, Korra Korrabes,
Yelland Dry Lake, Katol, Hyattville, Suizhou, Jilin, Bondoc,
Tatahouine, Norton County, Wagon Mound, Dimmitt and Ochansk.

New Amethyst Crystals - http://galactic-stone.com/amethyst-purple-crystal-point/

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

PS - Hurricane Jose out in the Atlantic Ocean - GO AWAY! LOL.