[meteorite-list] In rare instance, lunar shadow cast on piece of moon during the eclipse

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:41:29 -0700

It is interesting how list members think alike. I viewed a complete
lunar eclipse through a piece of NWA 5000 on February 20th, 2008 and the
solar eclipse through the same piece on August 21st, 2017 starting at
10:00 am. I also made a pinhole projector so that not only could I view
the eclipse through the slice of NWA 5000, I could project the eclipse
through it. My images are not very clear since it was partially
overcast here in Nevada during the eclipse but it was still visible.

Images of Solar Eclipse viewing:

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/NWA5000Slices/Eclipse-a.jpg

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/NWA5000Slices/Eclipse-b.jpg

Best Regards,