[meteorite-list] Howdy list

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:09:17 +0100

Rick,
Hope you are well.

Like many meteorites that are more abundant (and therefor tend to drive prices down) the rarity of more desirable features on such specimens is what justifies a premium for a singular specimen. For this reason I agree that the specimen you described would certainly sell at a premium. I don't personally think 10$/g would be entirely unrealistic for it, though it may be hard though to find a buyer for it depending on who you know...

The specimen you describe sounds like a nearly perfect example of an SA, though I would say it could be one step closer to perfect if it had a label on it from the Soviet Academy of Sciences, and came with some other old provenance card from a prestigious European collection. I've seen an 80g, somewhat mundane specimen of SA sell for 25$/g due to having a label from the SAS on it.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295

Sent using the mail.com mail app